I finally decided to post my long awaited cookie recipe. I’ve been meaning to post this for year…. literally 3 years. So, without boring you with some long ass drawn out shpeil about my grandpas recipe being handed down for generations and how much it means to me (none of which is true) I’ll hand over the recipe.
This recipe is gluten free, can be dairy free if you swap out the chips, sugar free, keto friendly, soy free and tasty. If you hate Stevia or aren’t use to sugar substitutes then you might not like this. I’ve been using Stevia for a long time in my baking and I prefer it to real sugar.
What you’ll need:
- 1/2c sofented Earth Balance butter
- 1/2c Stevia in the Raw sweetener
- 2 large eggs
- 1tbsp of Vanilla extract
- 2c blanched almond flour
- 1/2tsp baking soda
- Lily semi-sweet Chocolate chips (see pic) – you may also substitute these for the dark chocolate chips by Lily and those are dairy free but not soy free and have a higher carb count but still really good.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Using a Stand Mixer, beat together the stevia and softened butter. Add the eggs one at a time, beat for one min.. You might need to scrape the sides of the bowl between each.
- Beat in vanilla- add a tiny extra vanilla for a stronger flavor.
- Add almond flour and baking soda until mixed well. Making sure to get the sides.
- Take about a tablespoon sized amount for each cookie. These don’t expand too much. I pat them down a tiny bit so they bake evenly. This recipe makes 18 cookies or so depending on your scoop size.
- Put in the oven and bake for about 12 mins keeping an eye on them. You’ll want them to have slightly browned crust and bottom. You may need to bake longer or shorter depending on your oven.
- Let cool and enjoy with a giant glass of coconut milk 🤤.
That’s it! Super easy recipe. I don’t have the macros on these but they’d be easy to figure out yourself- math!
Follow me on Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/Fiercelivingmomma