I’ve shared on my IG, @fiercelivingmomma, my keto cookies variations. I had the most interest in the lemon ones. I love lemon pastries. 🍋 This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, keto friendly and tasty. If you hate Stevia or aren’t use to sugar substitutes then you might not like this. I’ve been using Stevia for over a year in my baking and I prefer it to real sugar. Real sugar is too sweet 🤢 for me now.
What you’ll need:
- 1/2c sofented Earth Balance butter
- 1/2c Stevia in the Raw sweetener
- 2 large eggs
- 1tbsp of Vanilla extract
- 3/4tbsp of Lemon extract
- 2c blanched almond flour
- 1/2tsp baking soda
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Using a Stand Mixer, beat together the stevia and softened butter. Add the eggs one at a time, beat for one min.. You might need to scrape the sides of the bowl between each.
- Beat in vanilla and Lemon extract.
- Add almond flour and baking soda until mixed well. Making sure to get the sides.
- Take about a tablespoon sized amount for each cookie. These don’t expand too much. I pat them down a tiny bit so they bake evenly. This recipe makes 18 cookies.
- Put in the oven and bake for about 12 mins keeping an eye on them. You’ll want them to have slightly browned crust and bottom. You may need to bake longer or shorter depending on your oven.
- Let cool and enjoy with a giant glass of coconut milk 🤤.